TRENDS THURSDAY: ATTENTION! IT'S SS10 MILITARY...

Posted by the Fashion Junior at Large

Welcome one and all to the second Trends Thursday.  My pick from the SS10 catwalks is military and utility wear. This trend was one of the most prominent for the entire season of shows, and just you wait for the high street collections to hit the stores. It will be military a go-go. I've already got my key piece; I can't stop wearing my studded F2 army jacket from Urban Outfitters. Just call me Private Benjamin!

Marc Jacobs - This dressed-up take shows a softer side to military. Loving the ruffled tiers as a contrast to the no-nonsense unfussy jacket.



Jean Paul Gaultier - Tough and sexy. The croc corset is a nice little nod to the lingerie trend as well.



Balmain - I love this shredded khaki tee, it's exactly the type of thing my parent's generation just wouldn't understand. Rebellion!



Chloe -The clean modern approach to uniform dressing. The buttons are fastened all the way to the neck - I'm loving that look more and more.



Alexander Wang - He really nailed it for me this season. Love the sporty cropped-top layering effect and flash of flesh.



Balmain (another for good measure, because they own this trend) - Distressed jeans, shredded t-shirt, bullet belt, sequined tailcoat. Christophe Decarnin, you are a genius.

 
Celine - Be still my beating heart! Ms Philo creates the slickest of the bunch. The epaulettes are a beautiful touch.



Rag & Bone - This outfit is styled to perfection in my eyes. Loving all the layers peeping out and folding over one another. The shirts look as light as air as well.



Louis Vuitton: The use of combat-style deep pockets on this skirt is pretty cool (and note the shirt buttoned all the way to the top again), but comically vile clog boots with a moustache? Really?

Picture credits:
Chris Moore/Catwalking.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment