Fashion illustration on the magazine cover? Yeah, sure!

No no no I can't go to bed because I just saw something amazing at Garance Dore blog.
Isn't it amazing?: A portrait of Demi Moore on collector edition of Elle Uk ! Wow wow wow!  Are they serious - is fashion illustration really coming back? Well it seems so and thats just great for a person like me who simly adores fashion illustration. But this is not the first illustrated cover since the end of Vogue illustrated covers era:

 Just last december Vogue Australia had supercool idea to use illustrations of Cate Blanchett done by illustrator David Downton. And they were adorable:

 And it seems that Australia is quite friendly to fashion illustration cause there is illustration of  Alan Gelati by David Bromley on the cover of Harper's Bazaar Australia May 2010

Would be just great to own all of these ( or atleast one, I am in China and we dont get nice things like that, ok)
But more than that I want to see my illustration on the cover of the magazine one day...
And Garance Dore is just perfect example, that it's just possible if yo really believe in your dream.
Let's dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment