Latvian Expo pavilion is opening tonight..oh really?!:) Baibao is schocked!

OK, the thing is that Latvian Expo pavilion is officially opening tonight and us, like 30 or so Shanghai Latvian expats  were not invited...I think it is just not cool, knowing that we live so far from our country ( such a small number as well) and we present it every day as good as we can here in Shanghai... And then, for the opening of our pavilion we were expecting so proudly we are not invited. I mean, those people who are there are not strangers to us as well... Instead there is that minister of what ever flying in a tube and i find it quite ridiculous and sad... Why so many times i have to be so disappointed about my small country?Like I am planing to go home for a few weeks and Latvian Police stole my bike after accident, so I have to buy new, cause they and the government ( I even wrote to minister about this thing) doesn't give a shit that things like that happens...
Even Iceland who isn't in the best economical situations as well invited all their expats. It is just logical, don't u think? I mean we are not Americans or French who are like thousands over there and nobody can count them...

                                                                 Haibao and Baibao
 Anyways, last week I WAS invited to the reception at Dutch Expo pavilion with the presence of Royal Dutch family.

We were like 100 people or so, had some nice time over there, saw the princess and prince, afterwards went to superamazing Dutch modern ballet and yeah, for a day I felt like dutch and it wasn't snobbish or so..

0 comments:

Post a Comment