BRINGING AW INTO SS

Posted by Fashion Editor at Large

                     THE JACKET AS CAPE
Etro

Chloe

Margiela

Etro

Attending the catwalk shows inevitably results in certain aspects of the fashion on show affecting the way one dresses. Case in point is shown above. I've been shrugging on my Acne mac with leather shoulders, my old Galliano blazer and even my favourite Ohnetitel shagy fringed goth cardigan in the last month without putting my arms through the arm receptacles. Effectively I have been wearing these favoured pieces as a cape. This morning as I spent an hour playfully working out which high street stores had been inspired by which shows (H&M press day the other day revealed their design team was favouring Ferragamo, Chloe and Missoni) and I saw the root of my penchant for the jacket as cape. Thank-you Etro, Margiela and Chloe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment