HAVING A STRIPY DAY

Posted by Melanie Rickey, Fashion Editor at Large

Had one of those mornings that was all invoices, accounts, receipts and procedure. So to add some light to an otherwise dark day, I wanted to share one of the trends to emerge from the recent Resort 2013 collections. Stripes aren't exactly the most original of fashion motifs, but I'm totally sold on the way all the designers' I've highlighted here have treated them for their Resort 2013 ranges, especially Balmain and Preen who combined painterly floral motifs with graphic stripes, creating something beautifully fresh. Stripes are, as I've been told time and again by retailer friends, always best-sellers, so going by that factoid alone I expect this won't be the last time we see this little lot.

Balmain

Balmain

Derek Lam

Jason Wu 

Marc Jacobs 

Ohne Titel

Preen

Lanvin

Jonathan Saunders

All photos: style.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment