GETTING EXCITED FOR PORT ELIOT

Posted by Bethan Holt, Fashion Junior at Large
The grounds of Port Eliot House where the festival takes place
It's starting to feel like Summer is properly kicking in. I haven't worn a coat for a few days at least and all the things I've planned for "Summer" are starting to happen. One of those is my first Port Eliot festival, which I'll be heading to Cornwall for two weeks from now. I booked almost as soon as tickets were released as I couldn't bear another year of tweets, articles and blog posts from the festival turning me into the green-eyed monster for not being there. I'm going with two friends- one's a foodie, the other a music and drama lover- so I'm hoping we'll force one another to broaden our horizons. However, the fashion line-up looks so awesome that I could probably spend the entire weekend getting made up by Louise Gray and hair stencilled by Alex Brownsell from Bleach, and being dressed up in the blindfold styling booth by Piers Atkinson and Fred Butler. Every girl's dressing up dream team, basically.


THE WARDROBE DEPARTMENT AT PORT ELIOT FESTIVAL from Minky Productions on Vimeo.


The Fashion Dolls' Tea Party, which Sarah Mower is organising with LOVE's Alex Fury, is written in indelible ink on my itinerary. Melanie is receiving regular updates from Sarah as the dolls arrive ready for their journey west. I don't want to spoil the surprise but one of our favourite designers has sent his Barbies to be part of the fun. Among the designers whose childhood dollies have also RSVP'd are Donatella Versace, Alber Elbaz and Roksanda Ilincic. Alice in Wonderland, eat your heart out.

Cathy St Germans, organiser of Port Eliot, tweeted this photo of some of the dolls arriving for the Doll's Party
I also cannot wait for...

1. Hip Hop karaoke

2. Luella Bartley's fairy tale writing

3. Wild swimming in the estuary

4. Partying under the stars

5. Champagne hurdles at The Rubbish Olympics, with legendary Christopher Biggins as Master of Ceremonies

If all this (and the rest) tickles your fancy, then there are still tickets available.

0 comments:

Post a Comment