FASHION STAPLES: MY-WARDROBE SS12

Posted by Melanie Rickey, Fashion Editor at Large

Myself and the Fashion Junior at Large moved all of our operational data from PC to Mac on Friday afternoon. By lunchtime today most of my data had been repatriated with me via the Cloud onto this very lovely, but still mysterious Macbook Pro. Using this will be a revelation, but I may be some time.

I've been feeling somewhat fragile today following a bacchanalian feast last night at Britain's most famous three Michelin starred restaurant, The Fat Duck of Bray, owned and run by the food genius Heston Blumenthal. I'm not sure whether we had a choice or not, but we had the 18 course taster menu, to which Heston kindly added a few extra courses as treats because he and my other half have crossed paths through work. By the time the 21st course was in front of us, I had begun to empathise with how a fattened duck might feel.

I've been planning on introducing FEAL's Fashion Staples for a while. Successful shopping is about knowing what to buy and when/where to buy it. It is January 22nd, and elsewhere in fashion the menswear shows in Paris are showcasing clothes for next winter, while the Haute Couture is displaying artistry we can only gawp at in wonder and never buy unless we have £30,000 + to spare.  Far more pressing now is what us fashion-loving women should be buying now that feels fashion-right. If you are nowhere near getting a grip on the new Spring trends - and why would you, it is still the depths of winter - then let me show you the way.

I flicked through quite a few New-In pages online before I settled on My-Wardrobe's being the best starting point for FEALS's Fashion Staples SS12. The ethos of My-Wardrobe.com is everyday luxury, and thats what a decent style staple need to be at its core.

FEAL STYLE STAPLES: MY-WARDROBE.COM 22/1/12

1. Acne shoes, £368 
These shoes will lift an outfit from average to high fashion in the length of time it takes to put them on. The colour is perfectly fitting for spring and the shoes are not so bonkers that they can't be passed off as a jazzy pump.


Fit and flare dresses are where the pendulum of everyday fashion is swinging. if you haven't got one yet, you will soon. They are so about-to-be fashionable, I reckon they'll usurp the body-con dress by the end of the year. If you have an arse and thighs, the flared skirt is legend for the obfuscation of said area.
Enjoy as a chic fashion look while you can. 

3. Marc by Marc Jacobs paisley slim-leg trousers £295
This shape trouser rocks. They look modern and cool and work with whatever shoe you throw at them. I'd wear them with heels for an evening look or ankle boots and a jumper for day. A true staple, and they're paisley. Right now paisley = cool. 

Every woman needs one of these. I recommend navy. All shades of blue are in the colourful spring 2012 spectrum.  

I am a HUUUGE fan of Carven and adore the work its designer Guillaume Henry. Guy - as he suggest we Brits call him - has taken the Carven business from 0-500 global stockists in only three years. There hasn't been a brand with such a quick rise to prominence since Acne burst onto the scene in 2005. This top is a twist on the T-shirt that is edgy, chic and easy. All the ingredients for a FEAL Fashion Staple. 
Which one is your favourite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment